Who thinks that the recent episode where Alec Baldwin “refused to switch off his electronic device” when the plane was leaving because he wanted to play his favorite “Words with Friends” was a Zynga guerilla marketing stunt? Hyping Zynga right before their IPO next week?
Here are my thoughts:
1. Does Alex Baldwin normally fly commercial? I would have thought he flew private
2. Thrown off the plane….really? Who does that? Who makes a plane go back to the gate and inconvenience hundreds of people so that they can play scrabble?
3. Convenient how the name of the game was mentioned in every article huh?
4. American let him fly on a later flight…why would they?
If this was indeed a publicity stunt then:
1. If I was another passenger on the plane then I’d be suing Zynga (of course they will deny all knowledge and blame it on their marketing agency). Also AA should do the same.
2. I wonder how the SEC sees this given that Zynga are in their quiet period.
3. I hope he got paid a lot of money because everyone now thinks he’s an inconsiderate idiot.
But….ignoring the negative effect on others for a second……what an amazing way to generate press coverage.